Fatigue is a common symptom that I see almost every day in my office. Many of my patients have had the standard tests done: TSH, for thyroid and CBC, for anemia and everything comes back within normal limits. So what is wrong? Why is there chronic fatigue in people? Naturopathic medicine takes a much wider look at the possible causes of chronic fatigue and then addresses the cause with the use of natural medicines.
Some of the Many Causes Include:
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Impaired organ function: adrenal, thyroid (Wilson’s Syndrome), liver
- Viral infection, EBV
- Medications: BCPs, antidepressants, antihistamines, chemotherapy drugs
- Coexists with many other medical conditions: depression, cancer, diabetes, FMS, AIDs, RA, etc.
- Decreased oxygenation of the blood
- Hormonal imbalances
- Impaired nutrition
- Toxicity: HMs, VOCs
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Chronic pain
- Food, inhalant and chemical allergies
- Chronic pain
Chronic fatigue fits within this spectrum and is described as severe, unexplained fatigue not relieved by rest, which causes disability and which has an identifiable onset. It must be present for at least six or more consecutive months. There are many effective Naturopathic protocols for the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Assessment To determine the cause and best treatment for fatigue, the person’s fatigue pattern must be determined, and all of the factors causing the fatigue must be identified. Laboratory medicine for fatigue:
- 4 point cortisol, salivary hormone panel
- CBC, B12
- Thyroid assessment including assessment for Wilson’s Syndrome (T3 conversion problems)
- GI Health Panel, candida
- Urine Toxic Elements, mineral status
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Food allergy panel
- Nutritional evaluation
- Liver detoxification profile
- Fatty acid profile
- Mitochondrial function testing
Winnipeg Chronic Fatigue Treatment Options
Treatment protocols vary according to the causes of fatigue. There are many treatment possibilities and many of these specific therapies we can’t advertise due to Health Canada restrictions.
Possible treatments may include:
- Natural adrenal support
- Withdrawal from medicines causing fatigue.
- Natural hormonal support. Correcting thyroid function.
- Anti-viral natural medicines.
- Treatment for candida.
- Naturopathic treatment for toxic metal load.
- Naturopathic treatment for VOC toxicity Liver detoxification protocols.
- Replacing missed fatty acids.
- Protocols for the relief of pain and fatigue.
Are Chronic Fatigue Treatments Right for Me?
Book an appointment or call our office today at (204) 775-4539 to discuss potential treatment options. Our experts will guide you in the right direction.